Your support builds healthy communities
Health is at the heart of so much of the world’s poverty and suffering. When communities don’t have enough food, when they depend on unsafe water sources, when they don’t have access to reliable health support, every life suffers.
Finding sustainable ways to improve access to nutrition, clean water, and health resources can be the difference between life and death for the men, women, and children you help us serve around the world every day.
Did you know?
Our health can be affected by almost all aspects of our lives.
Here are just some of the ways that you’re helping to build healthier lives for those we serve:
– Improving access to safe water sources
– Providing hygiene and sanitation solutions
– Helping families access nourishing food
– Supporting pregnant women and mothers with maternal and infant health and nutrition
– Training community health workers and supplying transport solutions
– Psychosocial support
“In 1975 I fled the village and ran into the forest because of the war,” Maria says. “When I was fleeing, I got a wound on my leg. It started small but grew over time. Years later, I was taken to Dili where they cut off my leg. Otherwise, I would have died from the infection.”